Friday, July 1, 2011

if your parents didnt go to college in the united states are you still a 1st generation college student?

if your parents didnt go to college in the united states are you still a 1st generation college student?
My parents are from the netherlands. In holland they do not have the same college system as the united states and it is more like trade schools. Both my parents went to trade school universities in holland . I am a 1st generation american. With these circumstances am i also a 1st generation college student? My mom blacksmith my dad business school
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
At this trade school what do they learn? If they literally learned a trade like how to become a blacksmith then yes you are a first generation college student, if they learned engineering then no you are not a first generation college student. My mother never went to college, but my dad went to a polytechnic college in England for engineering so I am not a first generation college student just because I'm the first in my family to go to college in America. If your dad went to business school then you aren't a first generation college student.

Read more other entries :