Sunday, April 1, 2012

What is people to people student ambassador programs?

What is people to people student ambassador programs?
I got a letter from them saying I was invited to travel and study in England Belgium, France, and The Netherlands for the summer of '09. So what do I have to do to go?
Studying Abroad - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm not sure...I got one too, but for China. I'm pretty excited but people keep telling me it's like a scam or something. I dunno what to think about it. I hope it's not cos I really wanna go. And my friend says she got the same thing. I'm pretty confused...
2 :
I'm not sure either. I got an offer to go to Italy, France, and Greece, for the summer of '09, so I was psyched. I asked my dad about it and he was like, "It's probably a scam." So I researched it and apparently it's legit, but not as safe as they might imply. A kid with diabetes died on a trip to Japan last summer. The article I read was my source.
3 :
First you go to the informational meeting. They will give you a packet of stuff and go over everything with you. Then you have to send in an application, get recommendations, and be interviewed. after you are accepted you'll have a meeting once a month with the group you are going with until the date of the trip. You'll do diffrent projects and assignments and get to know the people you are traveling with.
4 :
i also got a letter saying i was invited to spain, france, and italy in the summer of 09. i assume there is some hidden cost of several thousand dollars that People to People did not put in the letter. does anyone know if that's true?
5 :
Founded in 1956 by President Eisenhower as part of the U.S. State Department, People to People is a prestigious worldwide effort to bring citizens together and work toward world peace. In 1961 People to People International became a private foundation dedicated to the mission of international peace and understanding.

Read more other entries :