Saturday, June 14, 2014

Internship Visa Requirements for The Netherlands?

Internship Visa Requirements for The Netherlands?
I am an Indian citizen and I currently hold a student's residence visa for Austria. The residence visa expires on the 28th of February 2009. I have been accepted for an Internship at the Hague beginning January 2009 and lasting five months. I was wondering whether I should apply for an internship/traineeship visa for Jan-May/June 2009 or should I apply for it in Jan '09 in the Netherlands itself? Or should I apply for a three month Schengen visa for March-May 2009 so as to limit the amount of work my Internship Organisation would have to do? As I will be interning with an INGO, I can ask for a letter stating that I am, in fact, interning with them but I doubt I can ask them to sign the traineeship application form or apply for a work permit. Thanks in advance!
Netherlands - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You cannot apply for a Schengen visa type C for three months. This visa is for the purposes of vacation, tourism, business trips, visit to friends or family, participation in conferences or sporting events only. It cannot be used to study, work, or attend an internship in the Netherlands. If you entered the Netherlands by means of a short stay visa, you cannot use it to obtain a provisional residence permit (mvv). To obtain a residence permit you must return to your country of origin or your country of continuous residence to apply for an mvv at the Dutch embassy or consulate. Your internship sponsor has to follow the application procedures for a work permit as outlined in the attached brochures, if he is not willing to do you can forget about it. Source(s): http://www.ind.nl/en/Images/brochureVVKV_0809_tcm6-598.pdf (in English on the 2nd part) http://www.ind.nl/en/Images/VIN_ENG_0806_tcm6-595.pdf http://www.ind.nl/en/Images/brochureKA_ENG_0809_tcm6-102755.pdf

Read more other entries :