Thursday, October 28, 2010

how to pay a Dutch Student loan from USA?

how to pay a Dutch Student loan from USA?
Hi, I have a student loan in the Netherlands but live in the USA. My US bank charges me always $45 to transfer the money to the Netherlands. I do NOT have anybody to pick up money for me at some bank somewhere... I need to transfer the money directly into the student loan account.
Personal Finance - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Look at your loan papers very carefully. See if you can email them with your question. See if they can accept money via, say, Paypal. See if you can pay with money order. There ought to be an international site that can take your US dollars and generate a money order for you. See what happens if you pay 6 times a year, twice as much each time. Or 4 times a year, three times as much. (My USA loan had no problem with lump sums and skips.)
2 :
Then have your bank do a wire transfer to the loan account.
3 :
U have to find another bank. U have to find a bank that transfer the money directly to your Netherlands bank. A bank transfers money directly or having first passed through correspondent banks. The higher the number of corresponding banks, the higher you pay. So u have to find the banks that do this transfer cheaper :)

Read more other entries :