Monday, March 14, 2011

Are there any American Welding companies in The Netherlands?

Are there any American Welding companies in The Netherlands?
I'm currently a welding student in America but I want to move to The Netherlands and I understand that it is a lot easier if you work for a large company that is already over there and get transferred to where it is in The Netherlands.
Netherlands - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi Shaggy... Not that I know of... American companies in The Netherlands are usually like airlines, IT companies, DHL and UPS, multinationals like Coca-Cola, Pepsico, stuff like that... Wages in general are higher in the US than in The Netherlands and since the Dutch generally speak English well it's usually (higher) management positions that companies like the above would send Americans to Europe for, if at all. Welders and other professionals like woodworkers, etc, we have plenty of ourselves I think and if not we usually "import" them from lower wage EU countries like for instance Poland, not higher wage countries that are non-EU like the USA. Sorry, I wish I could have given you an answer you would be happier with. But I might be wrong and you could possibly find a position on a offshore site or something like that, you know, like an oil rig? I hear that also pays very well and you might be able to find one close to the Netherlands. Or maybe in shipping? We have a very large port in Rotterdam... You'll have to do a bit of research yourself I'm afraid. You could of course always try finding a nice Dutch girl and getting married to her?

Read more other entries :