Monday, March 28, 2011

How do you choose a exchange student program?

How do you choose a exchange student program?
Hi my parents have agreed to let me do a foreign exchange student program for my junior year in high school. So the 2010-2011 school year. I really want to go to the Netherlands. I have heard great things about the rotary exchange program but I can not find anywhere on their site where they say how much it would cost. Also what do you think about the AFS program? it would be for the entire school year
Studying Abroad - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I've applied for an AFS year scholarship to Japan, From my knowledge, there are no scholarships to the Netherlands avaliable at the moment however it would cost roughly $10,000. (it costs that much in Australia anyway) I'm not sure with Rotary but I know for sure that they go to the Netherlands. It's probably around the same price Good luck!
2 :
The top three programs are AFS, YFU and Rotary. Any of the three would serve you well. Generally, you are not guaranteed a particular country, you would list your top three. I can't say for Rotary, because they are set up differently --- and even differently by district -- by a year program with YFU and AFS will run around $8000 or so plus your monthly expenses. Most of the programs don't have pricing up yet, because it has not been set for the next school year.
3 :
AFS are very nice and they offer scholorships. Its the leading student exchange program and has been around for 60 yrs for more info you could go on there web site and request a free catalog

Read more other entries :