Saturday, January 7, 2012

I got a letter from People to People Student Ambassador Program.?


I got a letter from People to People Student Ambassador Program.?
I just received a letter from the People to People Organization. They are offering to send me to England, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands for the summer of 2009. I was wondering about the cost, and whether or not it's worth the money. My family is a little tight on money right now, so I need to know what I'll be spending my on. Also, I was wondering if some of the people that went in the past could tell me about their experiences, and whether or not you could tell me about you would do it again.
Other - Education - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
well its about 5,000 dollars or more and u pay for like a passport, and fair and room and board, I got a letter too one two years ago and one like two weeks ago.. i'm not going but yeah.. it sounds like fun but I have to think about college and think about more important things... my friend went over the summer of 08 so yea..... if u want more info IM me...
2 :
I received a letter last month, inviting me to go to Japan. I had to decline because of the expenses (not counting room and food, just the airplane flight). I think this is overrated because these rich kids have the opportunity to "buy" high school or college credits. I strongly think that there should be financial aid or full scholarships. It's up to you if you want to go. I heard that it was a great experience. But think about it--you can still get high school or college credit for free... instead of tossing in 5,000 dollars. Good luck and I hoped I helped!
3 :
me to but mine is for england, ireland, wales, and scotland they have local information meeting where they can help answer all your questions
4 :
My son had the opportunity to participate in a people to people trip to Italy and Greece in 2006 at the age of 11. He met wonderful kids with whom he made the trip and he had a fabulous time attending many events as well as learning about the different cultures. The cost is somewhat expensive but they ask you to write letters to solicit donations from friends and family. I would highly recommend the trip. I am looking to send my son when the trip for Australia comes around again.

Read more other entries :