Friday, February 1, 2013

People to People Student Ambassador's Program?


People to People Student Ambassador's Program?
I've been receiving the letters every year since third grade for this program and now I'm in ninth grade and my mom is finally taking me to the meeting for this. The destinations are France, England, Ireland, Wales, Netherlands, Belgium. I was wondering if someone who has been to the meetings before or actually did the summer program if you know what the cost is and is there any other information you could give me? Thanks (:
Studying Abroad - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Cost can run as much a 7,000. A very large amount for parents to pay.
2 :
I went like 2 years ago to Australia for about 3 weeks. It was the best time I have had! It is really fun and a different place. It cost about 3k(yours might cost alittle more cause more countries), yea its pretty expensive, but worth it if you got the spare money. It is really fun, they will be a group of about 40 of people around your age and you got to different parts of the county and just learn about there life and history. but you also just hangout and have fun. We went to beaches, the Great Barrier Reef and other great places. We just had the time of our lives. So its really fun Before you go on the actual trip you would meet around every other week (or so) with other people that are interested and you would talk about the rules and what you are going to experience. Also you will have some "games" that will make friends from people to people. It is just a great experience. Go have a blast and make everyday over there count cause once you leave, you would want to go back again!!!!
3 :
A bunch of my friends have gone and they all really liked it. I've also been getting those letters and I definitely think you should go, if you have the money. It is kinda expensive.
4 :
It is expensive but they give you ways to fundraise. I think that it is a great oppertunity. Just go to the meeting, and you will learn more about the program and the aproximate dates and cost. I just got accepted, and I couldn't be happier! They are like a huge family. We haven't gone on the trip yet, but we have already built friendships. I hope you have a wonderful time, if you do go. ~Ashley
5 :
This is a very overpriced tourist trip. Although the letters might make you feel "special", they are an advertising ploy and thousands go out every year. If you are interested in a true exchange, go to a program like YFU, AFS or Rotary. For the cost of the average People to People program you have most of the money needed for a year abroad -- with all the benefits that go with it (such as language immersion).

Read more other entries :