Friday, March 1, 2013

studying music in the Netherlands ?


studying music in the Netherlands ?
Hello, I'm an italian student. I study opera singing in a Conservatorio, that in Italy is a state run school similar to a university, but not quite. In two years, I will probably move to the Netherlands. I wonder if: I will be able to keep studying music there, in which kind of institution, if my studies here will be valid there, assuming that in the end I want a degree able to allow me to work professionally work in the field of opera singing. Thanks, Alessandra. If any further details are needed to answer, I will be glad to provide them.
Studying Abroad - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Do you plan on studying techno and rave there? lol! idkk I would stay in Italy. Italy is supposedly famous for opera.
2 :
Sure you can! The Netherlands offers 9 Conservatoria (Schools of music) and they all offer Vocal studies. The Conservatorium of Amsterdam even offers a Master in Opera Singing, called De Nieuwe Opera Academie: a 2 year course for Bachelors. I don't know in what part of the country you'll be living, so here they all are: Amsterdam: Amsterdamse Hogeschool voor de Kunsten, a.k.a. Amsterdams Conservatorium Tilburg: Brabants Conservatorium Den Haag: Koninklijk Conservatorium Utrecht: Hogeschool voor de Kunsten Utrecht, afdeling muziek Maastricht: Conservatorium Maastricht Alkmaar: Conservatorium Alkmaar Enschede: Conservatorium Enschede Rotterdam: Rotterdams Conservatorium Zwolle: Hogeschool Constantijn Huygens faculteit muziek ArtEZ. Arnhem: Conservatorium Arnhem/

Read more other entries :