Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What is the People to People Student Ambassador Program like?


What is the People to People Student Ambassador Program like?
I got a letter for this program to go to England, France, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Switzerland for the summer of 2011. For anyone who has been, what is it like? Is it worth the money? What is the process like, because I heard you have to go through interviews and an application process? Tell me all you know about it and if it's worth going! It would be the summer before my senior year, and I think it's worth a try to at least go to the meeting because it would look good on college applications. But I'm not sure! Thanks.
Studying Abroad - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I got the letter too!!! but i cant go because it costs too much and i keep getting them each year with new places every year and i want to gooo sooooooo badly but its too expensive for me :(
2 :
Okay, I literally got back from a People to People trip 5 days ago. It was THE best 3 weeks of my life. I went to France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria. I made sooooo many new friends that i miss already. It is 100% worth your money. It is the best experience I've ever had. I mean it. I'm only a freshman but I will never forget it. You have an interview with your leader and pretty much everyone is accepted (although some people...let's say should not have been :P). THen you go to a few meeting to get a picture of what the trip will be and to give you travel tips about packing, jet lag, etc. On the trip, since its more than 1 week, you make friends with EVERYONE! i now have 40 new friends :) It really sad when you leave because you really love the countries you've visited and all the friends you've made but thats what cel phones and Facebook is for :) Deffinatly the best experience and great on an application :) GO ON THE TRIP! best memories of your life :)
3 :
I got a letter too, but I would be going to Australia! My friend actually just got back from a trip through them. She went to Austria, France, Italy, and Switzerland. She said it was the best time of her life, a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I haven't had a chance to ask her about the selection process or anything. But, I do know that you need 3 letters of recommendation. And, at the meeting you get to talk to students and their families who have gone on previous trips. They can tell you how to raise the money and all of that stuff. I am going to the meeting, so I hope my parents let me go to Australia next summer! Feel free to email me if you want to talk about anything, or tell each other how excited we are!

Read more other entries :