Tuesday, August 7, 2012

can I travel when my visa expires but my residence permit is still valid?


can I travel when my visa expires but my residence permit is still valid?
Hello, I am a student in the Netherlands at this moment. My multiple entry visa will expire on October 11th; however, my residence permit is until January 21st. My question is, I am going to France on October 20th and will it be okay? I will legally be a resident in the Netherlands but without a visa. Will it cause problems when I have to go through customs - I mean, what happens?
Immigration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
the visa got you into netherlands the residence permit allows you to stay. I would say that leaving the netherlands after the visa expires would cancel out the residence permnit. Only because you are leaving the country, and wanting to come back, I strongly suggest you get another entry visa.

Read more other entries :