Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An opportunity for young man to live in the Netherlands?

An opportunity for young man to live in the Netherlands?
Good Day, dear Yahoo users! I'm from Kiev, Ukraine and after my graduation I really want to reside in the capital of the Lower Lands. But as I can see - the chances are rather small because I don't have any unique professional skills that no one in the whole European Union have. So I guess I have just two ways to make my dream come true: a student visa or a marriage with the citizen of the Netherlands. Speaking about the first variant, as I've learned from the website of the Amsterdam University - the education for non-EU citizens is pretty much high. And as my dear Ukraine, however wished so much for being the part of Europe - a lot of time much pass since it will officially join it. Well, to be honest, I can't pay 10k รข‚¬ per semester. The highest fee I can struggle is about 5-7k euro for the academic year. I failed to search any courses or study programs that will suite the financial criteria and also will give me a student visa. My diploma in Kiev will be - the bachelor of Russian and Ukrainian languages. I also used to work as a model. So my sphere of professional interests is rather large - from fashion, cinema and theatre - to the linguistics and social sciences. I will be glad to study anything I mentioned above and also relatively topics. I'm so disappointed with all these difficulties... Why just people can't live where they'd like to? Please, say it is possible for me to move in Amsterdam and I promise I will be a good Dutch citizen! :)) And about the second part of my plan... If I will have a Dutch girlfriend and we will born a half-ukrainian and half-Dutch little human on the territory of the Netherlands - will it give me some advantages as I'll be the father of a real Dutch citizen? Thanks for reading such a long text message! I hope it will not bother you so much to answer me. Greets from Kiev! :)
Netherlands - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
To be honest I'm not sure what you are really expecting for an answer because Yahoo Answers users are just users and don't make immigraton rules of course :0) I will try to address a couple of things if I may (some might help and some you might not appreciate but need saying!) Concerning the student visa, did you know that there are certain grants which are offered to international students and actually the Dutch government is very supportive of this initative http://www.nuffic.nl/international-students/scholarships So I would advise you to follow the link mentioned on the NUFFIC site (which is this one http://www.grantfinder.nl/content/index.asp) and see if you are in with a chance of support and this might make a big difference to your situation. Concerning why everyone can't move to the Netherlands? Well as you probably know, actually the Netherlands is a very small country and is currently the most densely populated country within Europe as it is. Beleive me if you saw the amount of people wanting to move to Amsterdam because of the stereotypes alone then the population of the city would double on the spot (easily). Immigration is a hot potato for many countries and their politicians these days. I am sure you mean well but if you think of the obvious then there have to be some restrictions in place otherwise it would be chaos. That being said I also know the difficulty in dealing with immigration issues (having a non-EU husband) first hand. So with that in mind I have to tell you honestly that your "find a Dutch gf, get her pregnant and problem solved" idea is naive verging on disgusting to be honest (sorry!). Firstly it is naive to assume that because you get a Dutch citizen pregnant that it gives you the right to move to the Netherlands because of that. Have a read of this and you might understand what I mean. http://static.rnw.nl/migratie/www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/071221-foreign-partners-redirected Secondly as a mum of two I have to say I really got annoyed by the idea that someone would have a child for a cynical reason of staying in a country only. Children are not tools or commoditites and should not be used as such. If you are not in a financial positon to be able to support yourself, then please consider how you would manage to take on the financial needs of a child (not even mentioning the emotional and time requirements of raising a child) I really really hope that this was just a translation error because I am still in the "yuck" mode as I re-read it. So please stick to the first option of trying to get aid to be a student, get a decent education and this will be a more morally advisable option. Normally I do try not to be as moralistic as this when answering questions but your comments really did touch a nerve this time. EDIT @ Kunami - thanks :0) @ Alfred - thanks for linking to one of my other answers. Concerning writing to http://www.postbus51.nl, this is not a smart idea. Firstly all immigration requests should (and would be forwarded) to the Dutch immigration & nationalisation dept (IND) ie the link gave in the answer above. Also I really would not think it is a good idea to issue such a quesiton on how to "play" the system to a government body.
2 :
BLA BLA Hear hear.
3 :
Hello Timoschenko, Got the thumb up here sure but sometimes one will have to take things as they are and perhaps you do have much to offer (small chance for students). Man do marry woman from outside Europe and I saw a help forum on the Internet where woman wrote about their dream friend arriving soon http://www.buitenlandsepartner.nl/forum . No harm done about only the possibility of making babies and the question if this would offer other opportunities. In the Netherlands woman are kindly offered to go live in the man his country and be happy. It does not change a thing for our government. It applies that you would really have to live with the woman you are having a partnership with and there is enough income to support both your lives without being unemployed in the near future, for court this means 130 percent of minimum wages. Maybe it is not so difficult to get a tourist visum from time to time and you will not have to learn Dutch and Dutch history for the newcomers examination. If, by chance, you will trade Dutch or foreign articles perhaps this allows you to visit the Netherlands more and longer. Give all reasonable questions to the office of the government, the well known "Postbus 51" by e-mail contact form and you get the best answers on these issues. http://www.postbus51.nl Anyway, the answer under the link may be of interest for you. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtpLOZ8FrfrKvrNYbaGjE40jzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20090801011336AARf9pq

Read more other entries :