Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I need help with accommodation in the Netherlands...?

I need help with accommodation in the Netherlands...?
I am from Bulgaria and starting this September I'm going to be a student in the University of Saxion in Enschede,The Netherlands.Over the last two months I have gone crazy searching for an apartment to rent.You see,the problem is I am not going alone-I'll be together with my boyfriend. Most of the offers are for rooms or shared apartments. I have e-mailed some agencies about a couple of apartments but the answers I got were 'This apartment is already taken' or 'Unfortunately,we do not rent to students.' I have resorted to searching in all-dutch sites,with the help of Google Translator, but I've still got nothing. If anybody here can give me some information I'd be very thankful. Stela
Netherlands - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Have you contacted Saxion directly for support? Some uni's have accomodation and most at least have info about how to get accomodation for their students and there will likely be accomodaiton for couples as well. Whilst it says it only arranges for non-EEA, http://www.saxion.edu/studying-at-saxion/international/getting-started/housing/ they might have "spare" accomodation or at least will be able to give you contact info http://www.saxion.edu/studying-at-saxion/european/getting-started/housing/ "In some cases Saxion can provide accommodation for international European students in Deventer and Enschede or we can suggest you where to find appropriate housing. In both cities we have contacts with the local student housing associations" You do need to be open minded though if you are working with a student budget. I genuinally don't know the prices in Enschede, but you might well have to settle for a shared apartment or room, but as long as the co-renters or owner doesn't mind having a couple, then I wouldn't worry too much I quickly checked Marktplaats (which is a free site where people place private ads) and within 5km of the campus there are 30+ adverts of available accomodation with a monthly rental of รข‚¬600 or lower so you could try mailing/calling these to check as well (but be wary about parting with any money in advance of actually seeing the place for yourself) Good luck

Read more other entries :