Monday, October 14, 2013

What do dutch people think about their royal family?


What do dutch people think about their royal family?
Hello I'm a spanish student and I'm working for a project about dutch monarchy. I chose this subject because I think is really curious that such a socially developed country as The Netherlands has a royal family. I'd like to know how liked they are there. Here in Spain depending on the area you live, opinions can be extremely different, in Madrid people love them, but for example in Barcelona is the oposite. Does it happen in the netherlands too?? thanks for your colaboration!
Royalty - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes,it happen Netherlands too
2 :
There was an article in the DutchNews few months ago stating: - 55% of the population in the Netherlands were very proud of the Royal Family - 12% were very against them Around 30% saw Princess Maxima as their favorite royal member, placing her as the #1, Queen Beatrix #2. I can't find the article but I remember it caught my attention because the dutch didn't like Maxima in the beginning when her relationship with Prince Willem Alexander was made official. Now they love her! Dutch like how liberal the Dutch Royal Family is, and that the royal members are less formal and closer to the commoners (compared to the British Royal Family). I wasn't aware that the Spanish Royal Family wasn't very popular in Barcelona. Could it be related to the fact King Juan Carlos kept the title of Count of Barcelona for himself after the death of his father?

Read more other entries :