Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My boyfriend is a Dutch citizen? How can he move to America without marriage?


My boyfriend is a Dutch citizen? How can he move to America without marriage?
I'm an American citizen currently in college in the US. I don't want to get married young, but I want to be with my boyfriend post-grad as he lives in the Netherlands. I want to go to graduate school in America though (for American law), so that means at least another 3 years post-bachelors. Is it possible to not get married and somehow have him move here even if he's not a student (meaning no F-1 visa) and if he does not have a specialized trade? Poster 1--haha, I accidentally added the question mark after the first part. Shite. Poster 5: Yeah, basically. I'm too young to get married but not too young to have him live with me and pay for my rent haha...This is growing up. At least I'm not immature enough to marry at the spur of the moment and think it will actually last.
Immigration - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
are you asking if he's dutch ? get a sponsor for citizenship
2 :
he has to become a citizen of the United States of America in order to enter here. Otherwise, he's one statistic of the illegal immigrants that everyone in the states is complaining about.
3 :
if he joins some branch of the army,airforce,or navy he could come here(the illegal problem people are talking about is only mexicans all other can come here without be discriminated against)
4 :
have him get you pregnant then have his 'anchor baby'......sometimes helps :D otherwise have him just file a visa application with what skills he does have and hope for the best......america loves more europeans here.
5 :
So, you're wanting him to come over here so you can shack up while in college? Grow up! He would have to become a citizen or marry you.
6 :
Maybe. He's dane so he's low risk. Maybe a long term extended tourist visa renewed every year or so?
7 :
He could incite some sort of hat feather revolution and come to the U.S. seeking amnesty. For this to work though, the revolution has to be one that the American government opposes. I recommend working with the Communist Hat Feather Party: www.hatfeatherproletariat.org I worry that my answer is almost TOO helpful. You have my apologies if this is in fact the case.
8 :
He can apply for permanent residency. He can apply for a work visa if a company hires him. Really there is no other way but those unless you two get married.

Read more other entries :